Default Group and Location

For all of your future version needs.

Moderator: davidyin

Post by Guest »

I should have clarified myself better. The users wanted to be able to select their refresh interval. This seemed to be the most dynamic.

Now if I could figure out how to let them select the time they wanted when the logged in and their locationid that would be great. I am just having a difficult time with that because I am finding that the board needs the post method in the form to log in, but in order to pass values through javascript (like the time interval) I need to use the get method.

I have no previous experience with ASP, so it is difficult for me to write a work around. I guess they will just have to deal with it :wink: :lol: :mrgreen:
tyman00
Members
Members

Post by tyman00 »

Oops that message from the guest user was supposed to be me 8)
davidyin
Members
Members

Post by davidyin »

Now if I could figure out how to let them select the time they wanted when the logged in and their locationid that would be great.
It is great idea.
My suggestion is when Administrator log in, All location and all groups are default display; when normal users log in, his location and his group are default display.
Might me added into next version.
Israel20419
Members
Members

Meeting

Post by Israel20419 »

You guys ever thought of a forum-meeting? I think it'll be great to see the faces behind the keyboards. Unless of course you prefer your keyboard over your face.. :D :-)
tyman00
Members
Members

Post by tyman00 »

davidyin wrote:
It is great idea.
My suggestion is when Administrator log in, All location and all groups are default display; when normal users log in, his location and his group are default display.
Might me added into next version.
Just to further this thought, what would be great is if when you accessed default.asp it would automatically take you to your location and group (using locationid and groupid from the user profile in the database) that way when you return from default.asp from changing your status (signout.asp) or anything in usersettings/admin it would automatically take you to your group and location so you wouldn't have to make multiple clicks to return to your specified "default" group.

I might have to call a few of my buddies that do ASP and see if they can give me a crash course and I will see what I can come up with (I will be sure to post it here), if not having this feature in the next version would be very much appreciated.

Israel20419 wrote:You guys ever thought of a forum-meeting? I think it'll be great to see the faces behind the keyboards. Unless of course you prefer your keyboard over your face.. :D :-)
:idea: Its a great idea, but I don't know how well it would work :( . So few members and the way it looks we are all quite a distance from another... I don't know about you guys but my IT wages are just barely cutting it as it is :wink: Plus, I think the black of the keys on my keyboard bring out the blue in my eyes 8)