edit times and dates

For all of your future version needs.

Moderator: davidyin

edit times and dates

Post by Guest »

pretty neat piece of software...great price too :)

what I was hoping for is something like this..but with the ability for the admin to edit time in time out etc....for instance...an employee comes in at 8 but forgets to make his status as in...would be nice if the admin could go in at say 10 and edit the employees time in to show the corect value.

We are a small company(10-12 employees). I would really like for my office manager to be able to put all employee times in and out..even after the fact
tyman00
Members
Members

Post by tyman00 »

You actually can go in and edit the other employees when you are an admin.

Simply click on the employees name (as an admin all employee names are underlined, as a normal user only your own name is underlined) and you can change their status.

Go to the demo and login as james he is an admin:
http://pentacle.g2soft.net

user: james
pass: james

Post by Guest »

yes I was aware you can do that I have it installed...You missed the point of my post. What I need it to do is...give the admin the ability to choose or edit "in" and "out" times. Unless I'm missing something it will always enter the current time.
tyman00
Members
Members

Post by tyman00 »

I hope I understand you now. You want to edit the time that is displayed under the "Updated" column?

Using your example you want this. Your employee comes in at 8. Forgets to log in. You change that persons status at 10. But you want it to show that they changed their status to "IN" at 8 and not 10 when you changed it.

Currently you will have to do that in the actual database. It isn't too difficult to do, so long as you have MS Access I can give you a quick explination how to do so.

But to do it from the board I myself do not know any ASP so that would probably be up to David to incorporate that in his next releases. I would suppose that only the admins can change times, because you do not want your employees to "cheat" the times they logged in, if you were using it for a log of some sorts.
davidyin
Members
Members

Post by davidyin »

Yes, I agree with tyman00.
It is not difficult to add the date/time change into the Board. But I think it will give a chance to cheat the system, or the boss.

The comment field is supposed to be used in this situation.
chas
Members
Members

Post by chas »

Hi David

In our case the only person who would even have access is the office manager..who also does payroll. I just wish as part of the admin functionality you could edit and put whatever times you want for anyone.
chas
Members
Members

Post by chas »

Hi David

In our case the only person who would even have access is the office manager..who also does payroll. I just wish as part of the admin functionality you could edit and put whatever times you want for anyone.
davidyin
Members
Members

Post by davidyin »

I think I will add it as an admin feature or a special function.
Wait the next version or you modify the original as you like. It is Open Source.