pt_load.asp error message during initial setup

Basic Installation and Setup.

Moderator: davidyin

pt_load.asp error message during initial setup

Post by Guest »

After filling in the initial setup form (pt_load.asp) and clicking the Submit button, I get the following error message:

Data accepted....
ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cb3'

Current Recordset does not support updating. This may be a limitation of the provider, or of the selected locktype.

/pentacle/pt_load.asp, line 193

What is wrong?

Thanks.
tyman00
Members
Members

Post by tyman00 »

If you have not altered your file, my best guess would be that you do not have the correct permissions setup for the database file (located in the /dbs folder)

Check out the user guide for more specifics:

http://www.g2soft.net/support/pentacleuserguide.asp

Though I am not for sure. Maybe David will have more input.
davidyin
Members
Members

Post by davidyin »

I think the write permission is not given to the database file.

Post by Guest »

I'm getting exactly the same error...I tried installing on a 2000 Pro machine and XP Pro....I've checked permissions everywhere including the database file and folder...still getting this error
chas
Members
Members

Post by chas »

a little more info for the post above..I'm running IIS on both machines...the error prints out as follows....

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Type:
ADODB.Recordset (0x800A0CB3)
Current Recordset does not support updating. This may be a limitation of the provider, or of the selected locktype.
/pt_load.asp, line 193

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)

Page:
POST 204 bytes to /pt_load.asp

POST Data:
companyname=MyCompany&userfirstname=bob&userlastname=smith&usersex=1&username=jimbob&userpassword=letmein&useremail=[email protected]&userphone=1234567890&groupname=Admin&locationname=Office&Submit=Su . . .

Time:
Friday, January 20, 2006, 9:13:14 AM
tyman00
Members
Members

Post by tyman00 »

We are running IIS 6. And really didn't have any issues with the install (old or new release - I just tested the new release).

Be sure that you have the write permission set in IIS. I am not very experienced with this stuff so I take no liability for my next comments if something happens.

Check the security of the folder that the database is in and the database file. See what kind of permissions the SYSTEM has on the file. Ours is set up to full control. Our setup is in an intranet so we don't have to work about hackers, I don't know what granting full access will do if you do not have it setup.

Just a few ideas. If it doesn't work, browse a few networking and IIS forums those guys should be able to help you. The error is not specific to the Pentacle board, it is more IIS / Windows based.
chas
Members
Members

Post by chas »

ok I did get it working after fooling with it for a while..you actually have to start at the top directory and change permissions all the way down...in ISS and also in explorer...at least thats what finally worked for me after much trial and error...thx for the help
tyman00
Members
Members

Post by tyman00 »

Good deal! Since it couldn't be updated it sounded like it couldn't be written to. Those permissions will always get you :evil:

pt_load.asp error

Post by Guest »

Yes, in the end all I had to do was add write permission to the pentacle.mdb file in \pentacle\dbs folder. So simple... Thanks.
Jeosuke
Members
Members

Re: pt_load.asp error message during initial setup

Post by Jeosuke »

I think the write permission is not given to the database file.