Issues with New Release

Problems not covered by any other forum topic.

Moderator: davidyin

tyman00
Members
Members

Issues with New Release

Post by tyman00 »

David, Thanks for getting the new release out so soon. But I am having some issues.

I used some software to compare the old version without the new features (login to default.asp directly to your location and group/holiday) but the new version seems to be the same as the old version. The only difference that I saw was that the <title> information had changed.

In the message you sent to me when I asked you where the changes were made you said conn.asp. I checked that file it is exactly identical to the version I had previously.

Maybe I am downloading from the wrong spot. But I am following the link from the download button on the main page. Am I going to the right spot? Do you have the right verson available for download on your site?

Also, I installed a test version of the new version on my server to see if I missed something, but when I test it it does not work correctly. I tested it with normal users and with administrators. It works just like the previous version.
davidyin
Members
Members

Post by davidyin »

I check it now.
davidyin
Members
Members

Post by davidyin »

Sorry. The previous build is something wrong.
I put the new build in the site. You can download it from our main site now.

Now the updated version is 5.12.0.0018.

The changes you concerned is located in the file login.asp
tyman00
Members
Members

Post by tyman00 »

There we go, much better :lol:

I am going to go dig into it and copy over the spefic codes I need for the upgrade. You ever thought about offering a Patch that we could use instead of completely replacing the program files?
tyman00
Members
Members

Post by tyman00 »

Sorry to double post, but do you think you could include some more changes in your next relsease. These changes will change any link to default.asp so no matter where you click to get to default.asp it will take you to your default location and group. Right now with release 5.12.0.0018 you are only taken to your location and group when you access default.asp from login.asp.

When ever you link through a hyperlink (href) to default.asp (for example through the HOME link) change it from:

Code: Select all

default.asp
to

default.asp?groupid=<%=dugroupid%>&locationid=<%=dulocationid%>

Also where this code exists:

Response.Redirect "default.asp"
Replace it with:

Response.Redirect "default.asp?groupid="&session("usergroupid")&"&locationid="&session("userlocationid")

If you don't it won't link to your location and group when the board does an automatic refresh, for example in fevent_a.asp when the user clicks Submit. Also notice the &session("usergroupid") is different from <%dulocationid%>. If you use <%dulocationid%> the page will not compile.
tyman00
Members
Members

New Skin Link

Post by tyman00 »

Hi David,

Thanks for including my skin in your downloadable release. I noticed that you changed the directory name for the skin, which is fine. I thought I would mention though that the link for the Locaion.gif, Locationactive.gif, menu.gif and menuactive.gif is incorrect in the index.css file.

I currently have it set at ../../skins/6/menu.gif

If you want the directory to be named tyman1 (which is ok) you will need to change the links to this

../../skins/tyman1/menu.gif
davidyin
Members
Members

Post by davidyin »

Dear Tyman,

I just changed the CSS file associated with your skin.
Now this skin name can be changed without any problem and no need to change the path.

In CSS file, the best bet is to use the relative path.
Attachments
index.css.rar
updated CSS file for Tyman1 skin.
(1.86 KiB) Downloaded 380 times
tyman00
Members
Members

Post by tyman00 »

Good thinking! 8)